Worth a Look
See Us in Action
Engaging Board Members
Part of Hannah Grimes Center’s Half-Day Workshop Non-Profit Boards – Leading with Strength, Keene, NH, March 31, 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (new date TBA). For more information or to register, please go to hannahgrimes.com/event/ed-roundtable-nonprofit-boards-leading-with-strength-half-day-workshop
The Role of Planned Giving in Campaigns
Facilitating panel discussion for NH & VT Council of Charitable Gift Planners, April 9, 2-4 p.m., (new date TBA). Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich VT. To register, go to nhvtgiftplanners.org/2020/01/13/april-9-panel-role-planned-giving-capital-campaigns/
Fundraising Isn’t about Money!
Creating a Human-Centered Development Program, NH Center for Nonprofits’ all-day 2020 Nonprofit Conference & Expo, May 11, Grappone Conference Center, Concord NH. For more information and to register, go to nhnonprofits.org/panel/events/668
Raising Major Gifts
AFP-NNE, Concord NH, May, 2020. Details tba.
Campaigns: What you Need to Know to Plan for One
Hannah Grimes Center, Keene NH, part of Executive Director Roundtable series, September 15, 3:30-5 p.m.
Executive Director Roundtable Series
For Executive Directors, the Hannah Grimes Executive Director Roundtable is happening quarterly in Keene NH. For more information, please go to hannahgrimes.com/executivedirectorsgroup
Growing your Donor Base
Monadnock Development Professionals, March 10, 8:30 a.m. at Dublin School, Dublin NH. For more information, contact Info@PhilanthropyResource.org.
Writing for Development
Join me in Portland ME on November 6-8, 2019 for the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ annual conference. I’ll be presenting on Writing for Development, and there are lots of other great sessions on all aspects of fundraising for non-profit organizations. For more information and to register, go to afp-nne.org! See you there!
How to Get Your Board Excited About Fundraising
May 13, 2019, NH Center for Nonprofits 2019 Spring Conference & Expo in Concord NH. For more information, please go to nhnonprofits.org/conference
A Common Sense Approach to Building a Strong Development Program
AFP-NNE, March 8, 2019, Seacoast Science Center, NH. For more information, please go to afp-nne.org/upcoming-events-calendar.html
Moves Management: Keep It Simple, Sweetheart!
Come see Maryann present at the AFP-NNE conference in Stowe, VT on November 8, 2018. Learn simple, practical tips and tools for managing your portfolio of major gift prospects without having a lot of time for complicated systems or years of experience. afp-nne.org/
Raise More Money: Tips and Tricks to Ensure Your Value is Clear to Donors
AFP Western MA & United Way of Franklin County. April 11, 7:30-9:30 a.m. For more information, please see www.cvent.com/events/raise-more-money-tips-and-tricks-to-ensure-your-value-is-clear-to-donors
Association of Fundraising Professionals, Northern New England Chapter annual conference, November 1-3, 2017, Concord NH. Co-presenting all-day Academy “Raising More Gifts When You Are the Lone Ranger”, designed for non-profits with little or no development staff, and co-presenting “Ethics Challenges: Shades of Gray”. For more information, go to afp-nne.org/2017-annual-conference1.html.
Hannah Grimes, Keene NH: Fall series of 3 sessions (you can attend any or all) – “Start-up and Small Non-profits: How to Stand Tall When you are Quite Small!” For more information please click on the links, below:
- Session one (September 20, 2017): “That’s Board, not Bored! – Building Your Greatest Resource” hannahgrimes.com/event/npo-series-session-two-thats-board-not-bored-building-greatest-resource
- Session two (October 3, 2017): “Putting the Fun Back into Fundraising” hannahgrimes.com/event/npo-series-session-three-putting-fun-back-fundraising
- Session three (October 18, 2017): “It Really is Who You Know: Engaging Powerful Partners” hannahgrimes.com/event/npo-series-session-one-really-know-engaging-powerful-partners
Association of Fundraising Professionals, Western MA Chapter, Holyoke MA, September 27, 2017. “Yikes! I’ve Got to “Manage Moves” for too Many Prospects!”. For more information, please see www.afpwma.org.
Arts Alive, Keene NH, September 7, 2017: Facilitating workshop at Arts Leadership Summit at Apple Hill, Nelson NH: “Leveraging economic impact data to increase your community engagement and giving”. For more information, go to www.monadnockartsalive.org.
New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Treatment, Waterville Valley NH, August 31, 2017. “Marketing, Fundraising & Community-Building: The Three-Legged Stool for Long-Term Sustainability” > read more
Workshop: Creative Tips for Successfully Attracting and Retaining Top-Notch Fundraising Professionals — April 12, 2017 at Marlboro College, VT
Workshop: Building Your Donor Base in a Competitive Environment — February 21, 2017
Expanding Your List of Donors by Maryann LaCroix Lindberg, President, Philanthropy Resource Group
- Association of Fundraising Professionals: The largest international association of professional fundraisers in the world, with over 30,000 members. National website: afpglobal.org Regional chapters throughout the country; their websites may be linked through the national site.
- NH & VT Council of Charitable Gift Planners: An association of fundraising professionals and others involved in estate and philanthropic planning in Vermont and New Hampshire. nhvtgiftplanners.org
- Maine Planned Giving Council: mpgc.org/
- National Association of Charitable Gift Planners: A national association of professionals dedicated to philanthropic and estate planning. charitablegiftplanners.org/
- Planned Giving Design Center: Resources on planned giving. pgdc.com/
- Nonprofit Research Collaborative: This site gives you tons of data about how funds are raised, so you can get comparative info. npresearch.org/
- Supporting Fundraising: This site helps with the back-office work related to raising funds, including lots of links and other resources. supportingfundraising.com/
- Showcase of Fundraising Innovation & Inspiration (SOFII): Lots of good ideas that have worked for other organizations. sofii.org/
- Boardsource: National organization that supports education and training for board members and non-profits throughout the country. Best source of information on good board governance there is: boardsource.org/eweb/
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE): Support organization for educational institutions throughout the world. case.org/
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: Monthly journal sharing best practices in philanthropy and non-profit fundraising. philanthropy.com/
- Commonfund Institute: Guidance on managing endowments for non-profits. commonfund.org/commonfund-institute/
- NH Center for Nonprofits: Overall support for New Hampshire nonprofits and their staff and boards. nhnonprofits.org/
- Maine Association of Nonprofits: Support for Maine nonprofits. nonprofitmaine.org/
- Common Good Vermont: Support for Vermont nonprofits. commongoodvt.org/